zImage on mpc5200

sarpa vsarpangala at satline.net
Wed Jun 27 01:11:55 EST 2007

I am building the Linux kernel target "zImage.elf" in PPC branch of Linux
Kernel 2.6.16.11 and then converting it to zImage.bin using OBJCOPY so that
i can flash it to my PPC based target using BDI. i am currently facing
issues in booting this kernel using my own bootloader(i am not using
u-boot). Before I flood mailing list with more detailed questions I just
wish to know if the standalone kernel image type zImage.elf is know to work
in Linux kernel 2.6.16.11 or not ? Has anyone ever tested standalone
zImage.elf on PPC ? Note that I am able to boot uImage using U-boot for this
kernel but now I am trying to use my own Bootloader to boot zImage.elf "