ML403 gigabit ethernet bandwidth - 2.6 kernel

Ming Liu eemingliu at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 26 17:42:57 EST 2007

Actually I have asked the xilinx expert on the statistics. With the
PLB_TEMAC, we can also get a result like that, say 300Mbps for TCP. (From
their numbers, the throughput is even higher.)

Some remindings from my experience: Remember to enable everything in the
hardware and software which can improve the performance, such as,
CS_offloading, data allighment engines, large fifos, and so on, from the
configuration of PLB_TEMAC in EDK. As well, remember to enable cache. In
the software field, interrupt_coaleascing will also help. At this time,
normally we can get more than 100Mbps for TCP. Jumbo-frame of 8982 will
almost double this number.

Have fun.

BR
Ming