Fwd: PowerPC 8248

张乐 zhangyuting at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 16:23:44 EST 2007

 Dear Sir:

      I am a graduate student from Tsinghua University, China, I came to the
same problem that seems once you got and wrote on the PPC embeded forum,
that, with u-boot 1.1.1 from freesacle, I can not port my 8248/8272 from 2.4to
2.6 kernel.

      I saw your answer is that to edit "arch/ppc/platforms/pq2ads.h" and
change the "#define BCSR_ADDR ((uint) 0xf4500000)" to match the u-boot
"u-boot/include/configs/MPC8260ADS.h".

      I follow this, and it still no lucky, but there is a difference
between the two kernel, before I edited BCSR_ADDR, the new kernel just hang,
after I edit it, the new kernel is just restart the right place where it
hangs.

      I got my kernel from kernel.org (2.6.13), and I wonder is there
something else I should pay attention, or got my kernel from someother
place?

      I am looking forward to your reply and best regards!

   --
张乐
Zhangle
zhangyuting at gmail.com
Mobile: +861369-309-1200
Office: 010-62603928
Lab: 010-62603318
Addr: FIT 4-204, TSINGHUA UNIV., China
Lab Addr: FIT 1-210, TSINGHUA UNIV., China
Postcode: 100084