AVNET/Memec Virtex4FX12LC Linux Kernel Tree

Thomas Glanzmann thomas at glanzmann.de
Wed Jun 20 17:41:21 EST 2007

Hello,
I would like to be able to boot a self compiled Linux 2.6(.20?!) Kernel on a
Virtex 4 FX 12 LC Board. I have the cross compile suite ready, compiled
a zImage an I am able to load it up. But nothing appears on the serial
device. I have a Montavista Demo based on a 2.4 and a so called Linux
Starter Kit also based on the 2.4 Kernel from Montavista / AVNET both
work. At least the kernel boots and I am able to reproduce the hardware
they used.  However I would like to know if for example a 2.6.20
upstream kernel works out of the box after I parameterized it the right
way or if there is a separate tree to begin with?

        Thomas