Linux 2.6.x, MTD drivers and NAND flashes

Laurent Lagrange lagrange at fr.oleane.com
Tue Jun 12 20:06:29 EST 2007

Gary and Bill,

My need is to load a basic Linux kernel on boards to program multiple
NOR and NAND flashes with CRAMFS and JFFS2 (perhaps YAFFS) images.

I usually used mtd character accesses to do the job on NOR flashes.
But flash_eraseall and flashcp seem to be excellent tools.
I'll try them quickly.

Many thanks for your help
Bye
Laurent