memory issue on ppc

Detlev Zundel dzu at denx.de
Thu Jun 7 00:30:51 EST 2007

Hello Sekhar,

>         I m working on  powerpc and new to linux . wrote a small program where
> I allocate memory for 100, 1000 ,10000 bytes and memset them to zero . when I
> allocate to more than 8108 bytes and memset to zero it fails . but when I
> memset to any other ASCII value it passes . can u help me out as I m stuck with
> it for a long time . is there any problem with the library ?

My crystal ball is out of order right now so I would need some more
details to answer.

Please post the code and tell us on what platform and with which
kernel version, gcc version, etc. you are working.

Cheers
  Detlev

--
   "Our enemies  are innovative  and resourceful, and so are we.  They
never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people,