Linux interrupt managing on 8xx

DI BACCO ANTONIO - technolabs Antonio.DiBacco at technolabs.it
Tue Jun 5 06:37:42 EST 2007

I have a component named pca9555 (on the i2c bus) that is an I/O expander. It can generate an interrupt to the MPC8xx processor (SIU_IRQ1 pin). This pin will be active till I read registers of pca9555. Because I cannot access the i2c bus in the interrupt handler I queue a work on a work queue. Just at the end of the interrupt handler  should I disable the interrupt on the mpc8xx? I think that otherwise the interrupt will pop up again till I execute the work in the work queue finally reading the pca9555 and shutting off the source of the interrupt.

Bye,
Antonio.