I2C interrupts on 8541

Charles Krinke ckrinke at istor.com
Tue Jul 31 02:51:44 EST 2007

I'm puzzled about how to setup interrupts for the second I2C interface
in an 8541. This is the CPM interface, the one with buffer descriptors.

I see mention of its I2CER/I2CMR registers, but am having trouble
figuring out how to enable and interrupt so that when the interface is
in slave mode and a packet is received, it will vector to an interrupt
service routine.

I am using Linux-2.7.17.11 and I know you-all have gone past this a bit,
but in the midst of a project, we are constrained to finish with the
kernel we started with.

A few pointers on enabling an interrupt from this interface would be
greatly appreciated.

Charles