a question about mpc8xx linux

poorbeyond poorbeyond at 163.com
Fri Jul 27 23:11:19 EST 2007

my cpu is MPC860, use u-boot-1.1.4, linux-2.6.20.14

i use the "tftp 300000 uImage" command download kernel image,

then use the "bootm 300000" command boot the image.

i found the bootm cmd entered the /arch/ppc/kernel/head_8xx.s, stop at the instruction "rfi".
is it right? after the instruction, where does the code go normally ? what should i do now?

thanks

 .globl __start
__start:
 mr r31,r3   /* save parameters */
 mr r30,r4
 mr r29,r5
 mr r28,r6
 mr r27,r7

 /* We have to turn on the MMU right away so we get cache modes
  * set correctly.
  */
 bl initial_mmu

/* We now have the lower 8 Meg mapped into TLB entries, and the caches
 * ready to work.
 */

turn_on_mmu:
 mfmsr r0