[Trace how to] Kernel Bug when entering something after login

Pradyumna Sampath pradyumna.sampath at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 22:34:21 EST 2007

Hi Everyone,

On 7/26/07, Juergen Beisert <juergen127 at kreuzholzen.de> wrote:
> On Wednesday 25 July 2007 21:06, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> > Solution below
>
> Seems to work now. Thanks.
>
> Juergen
> -

First of all very sorry to cross post.

I discovered the same problem on our MPC5200 and it after patching, it
now works. But I could somehow not get the call trace and hence could
not report the bug.

I compiled the kernel with "CONFIG_FUNCTION_TRACE" and then I get
undefined references on "early_printk". Is there something I am doing
wrong in the kernel config or was there an additional patch to enable
this support for MPC5200 ?

I see more bugs when I run "stress" but I cant solve them or even
report them, because I cant see the trace information.

thanks in advance
regards
/prady

--