ML403 / ALSA driver for AC97 Controller

Joachim Förster mls.JOFT at gmx.de
Sun Jul 22 05:57:58 EST 2007

Hi all,

some days ago I "finished" a first working version of my ALSA driver for
Xilinx' AC97 Controller Reference ip core, usually used on Xilinx' ML403
board. In fact it's a kind of byproduct of another project I am
currently working on.

Anybody interested in the driver may download it here:
http://www.esic-solutions.com/support.html

The version number 0.0.1-pre1 indicates, that it is a kind of (early)
prerelease, which might be far from a "complete" state. So, if you have
any problems with it, feel free to mail me (JOFT at gmx.de). Or, if there
are any suggestions, opinions, special experience ... etc., let me know
it.

The tar file contains a README, with all relevant info - I hope I didn't
forget something important. Just one thing: Capture support basically
works, but there are overruns after ~30s with rates > ~20kHz at least on
the board and setup I'm working on => consider this to be a know bug.
Playback support (which was the primary goal) seems to be pretty stable.

I thought it would be a good idea to publish the driver, because over
the last few months, there were - not much - but several mails on this
list on sound support for the ML403.

 Joachim