ML403 Hard TEMAC, PLB and Linux 2.6

Mohammad Sadegh Sadri mamsadegh at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 20 19:27:58 EST 2007

Dear Massimiliano
Well I do not know the solution to the problem, but just,
In your post, there is some thing interesting for me,

How could you implement such large circuit on one FX12 FPGA?
We have done many experineces with both of AVNET MM and ML403,

you have, DDR SDRAM Controller, GPIO, UART, SYSACE and two intances of Tri-mode TEMAC GMII,
In our tests, with one instance of Tri mode TEMAC and UART and DDR controller, the whole FPGA resource were consumed we could not even put sysace interface.

For me, another important question is, how many PHY chips are available on your board? Each of Tri-mode temac modules are connected to a separate phy chip, yes?