Linuxppc-embedded Digest, Vol 35, Issue 33

suresh suresh sureshtang at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 15:59:04 EST 2007

Thanks....

MPC8280 has internal memory space which contains Dualport(Dp) RAM. In the
DpRAM we allocate some tables and these has to store pointer of the buffers
which are allocated in external memory. Core will use this pointer to access
the buffers, basically these buffers are used for DMA.

Using IMMR register we can get physical address of the internal memory. Now
can I store the address return by the kmalloc() function? or I should
convert it into physical?

Please help me how to resove this address translation.

Regards,
Suresh