ML410 PCI support

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Tue Jul 17 01:44:02 EST 2007

On 7/16/07, khollan <khollan at daktronics.com> wrote:

> khollan wrote:
> >
> > I have two questions:
> > 1) Has anyone wrote linux 2.6 PCI drviers for the xilinx development
> > boards.  I want to get the PCI slots working on my board.
> > 2)How do I set the HwAddr for the TEMAC driver?  Im using Grants latest
> > git tree.  My board boots and the HwAddr is set to 00:00:00:00:00:00
> > Thanks for your help
> > Kevin
> >

> 1) Still waiting to see if someone knows how to go about doing this...

No, I don't think anyone has done proper PCI support.  But you might
want to double check the MontaVista 2.4 tree.

> 2) Solved this by hardcoding it in the embed_config.c file

Which is probably the best way to do it if you're booting from a
zImage.  If you're booting from u-boot or another bootloader, you can
pass the addr in the board info structure.

Cheers,
g.

--
Grant Likely, B.Sc., P.Eng.