TEMAC MAC address

David H. Lynch Jr. dhlii at dlasys.net
Fri Jul 13 13:57:19 EST 2007

Grant Likely wrote:
> On 7/11/07, Kevin Holland <KHollan at daktronics.com> wrote:
>
>> Grant,
>>  How do I set the MAC address?
>>

> Badly, with an ugly hack.  :-)
>

>> When my ML410 board boots its Hardware
>> address is set to 0.  I looked through the message boards and can't seem
>> to find what Im looking for.  Thanks for your help.
>>

> I set the mac addr with some Virtex specific code in
> arch/ppc/boot/simple/embed_config.c.
>
> BTW, Please at least CC: the mailing list when asking questions.

Pico cards pass the MAC address to linux via the board info struct -
doesn't uboot etc.
have a similar facility ?

Pico registered a block of MAC addresses, uses them as card serial
numbers and passes them via
board info.

--
Dave Lynch 					  	    DLA Systems
Software Development:  				         Embedded Linux

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
Albert Einstein