MPC82xx ADS SCC ports initialisation

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at technotrade.biz
Wed Jul 11 23:13:59 EST 2007

Hi Vitaly,

On Wednesday 11 July 2007 12:34, Vitaly Bordug wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:11:18 +0200
>
> Laurent Pinchart wrote:

> > > You are correct; it's broken.
> >
> > That code should be replaced with calls to cpm2_clk_setup
> > (arch/powerpc/sysdev/cpm2_common.c). cpm2_clk_setup currently
> > supports FCC clock setup only, but I've got a patch to add SCC clock
> > setup support. Should I send it ?
>
> If you have functional approach, please feel free to send it...

I haven't been able to test the patch, as I have no ADS hardware to test it
on. My MPC82xx board is far from being ported to the powerpc architecture.
I'll send the patch anyway. Could you evaluate it ?

> once my last changes were committed, 82xx was supported and worked fine.
> Pretty long time I had no access to the hardware, hence some minor things
> might require catch-up.

The above code might have been worked by sheer luck though.

> > > I have a bunch of 8xx/82xx changes pending; I hope to get them
> > > cleaned up before the merge window ends.
>
> Since I'm the only person covering 8xx/82xx for a while, I definitely want
> to look at those changes...
>
> > That would be nice. I'll wait for your changes to continue my ppc ->
> > powerpc port.

> At the moment, I have a patch to add such a thing, but no ability to
> validate it still works. If you guys will assist a little, I'll go ahead
> and submit it to the u-boot list.

I'm ready to help, but I'd like to port my board to the powerpc architecture
first. FDT support in U-Boot is pretty useless with the ppc architecture.

> > > No, but cuImage for 82xx is on its way.
> >
> > Ok, nice to know. Adding FDT support to U-Boot for the MPC82xx family
> > will be on my todo-list once I get Linux working with cuImage.

Laurent Pinchart