mpc8270 & Intel 82551ER on 2.6.17.14

Nicholas Hickman nhickman at dtechlabs.com
Tue Jul 3 04:41:13 EST 2007

Pradyumna,

With the help of some others I have finally figured it out.  I took a
step back and read the manual over and over along with debugging my
U-boot until it worked.  My issue there was with the SIUMCR. Since I now
had that working in U-boot I moved on to the kernel where I found that I
was redefining the SIUMCR here:

arch/ppc/syslib/m82xx_pci.c
approx line 248
#elif defined CONFIG_PQ2FADS || MYBOARD
        /*
         * Setting required to enable IRQ1-IRQ7 (SIUMCR [DPPC]),
         * and local bus for PCI (SIUMCR [LBPC]).
         */
        immap->im_siu_conf.siu_82xx.sc_siumcr =

I was entering this routine since I was basing my config off of the
PQ2FADS board.  I removed my board definition from the elif and
everything seems to be working fine.

Good luck!

-Nick