Audigy SE / ca0106 driver for PowerPC?

Russell McGuire rmcguire at videopresence.com
Wed Jan 31 23:14:39 EST 2007

All,

I recently tried to plugin and use an Audigy SE PCI card with 2.6.20 and
noticed that it would lock up during driver registration.

After a little digging, I found that the interrupt routine and a few other
functions are relying on the x86 inl() / outl() to read from the sound card.

Is anyone aware of a PPC port for this driver? Or if it would be feasible? I
haven't ported a driver between architectures before.

Or does the inl() / outl() already have PPC equivalent functions and I need
to be looking for a PCI configuration problem with my system?

-Russ