Differentiate between two e500 core (in mult-core e500)

vinay hegde thisismevinay at yahoo.co.in
Wed Jan 31 19:02:41 EST 2007

Hi,

Actually, what I mean is, there are two independent L1
caches (one in first e500 core and other in second
e500 core) in mpc8572. Now, if I am running cache
test(POST) on mpc8572, I must somehow make sure that
it tests both the L1 caches. Generally, earlier there
used to be one e500 core, one L1 cache and hence cache
test does not need to query whether it is testing L1
of first core or L1 of second.

So, how to make sure that I am testing L1 caches on
_both_ the e500 cores?

Thanks,
Vinay.