Differentiate between two e500 core (in mult-core e500)

vinay hegde thisismevinay at yahoo.co.in
Wed Jan 31 15:46:48 EST 2007

Hi,

I have a need to write a POST sort of a test to test
L1 data/inst cache residing on each of the e500 v2
multi-core seperately (for a network hardware). This
is because multicore e500 has seperate L1 caches and
shared L2 cache.

This is for mpc8572. I learnt from this list that
mpc8572 isn't out yet, but thought that
differentiating between e500 mult-cores has nothing to
do with mpc8572.

Please let me know if you have any inputs.

Thanks,
Vinay.