reprogramming boot flash from live kernel

Eric Nuckols jrocnuck at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 31 13:07:07 EST 2007

I've got a PrPMC800 and I want to bypass using the PPC7-Bug bootloader to
reprogram the boot flash/kernel image?

Has anybody reprogrammed their bootup flash image while running a live linux
kernel?

I don't want to re-invent the wheel if it's already been done.

I'm also not sure if U-boot builds and functions easily on the PrPMC800, so
I hadn't bothered going that route.

Also, is there a way to telnet into PPC bug rather than access it soley from
the jtag/serial connection?