JTAG emulator for MPC8548E (v2)

Mark A. Greer mgreer at mvista.com
Thu Jan 25 05:28:24 EST 2007

On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 09:19:17AM -0800, Eugene Surovegin wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 12:06:17PM +0100, Laurent Pinchart wrote:

<snip>

> > I had a look at U-Boot code and tried to initialize the processor registers
> > with the same values, without luck. I asked Abatron's French distributor for
> > technical support, and they haven't been able to help me. They made me try
> > lots of different initialization sequences. Several people online sent me
> > their configuration file, and none of them worked for me.
> >
> > So, there must be a configuration problem somewhere, but even Abatron's
> > technical support haven't been able to find it. That's why I complained about
> > their support in my e-mail.
>
> In your original e-mail you made it look like BDI has a bug in it,
> which in fact isn't true. Bad support might be a concern, I agree, but
> this doesn't make a tool bad, IMHO.

FWIW, I've had top-notch support from Abatron.  Also, back when my
company bought a bunch of BDI's they were around half the price of the
nearest competitor and less cumbersome to use.  Maybe there are cheaper
alternatives now, I don't know.  Obviously, YMMV.

And no, I don't get a kickback from them... :)

Mark