nfs mounting problem

Scott Wood scottwood at freescale.com
Wed Jan 24 02:32:55 EST 2007

Andre Haupt wrote:
> Also what seems a bit odd to me is that your dmesg shows no rootpath
>
>  IP-Config: Complete:
>       device=eth1, addr=192.168.178.234, mask=255.255.255.0,
> gw=192.168.178.47,
>      host=cashel, domain=, nis-domain=(none),
>      bootserver=192.168.178.110, rootserver=192.168.178.110, rootpath=
>
> On my system the complete root path is printed here.

I don't think I've ever seen the root path printed there (with nfsroot
otherwise working), so I don't think that's the problem...  From looking
at the code, it seems that the root path received from BOOTP is stored
in a different variable than the path from the nfsroot boot option, and
it's the former that gets printed there.

To Manjunath AM: does the ethernet work from U-Boot?  Can you verify
that packets are being successfully sent and received under Linux?  If
the only variable is the board, then the problem is probably not with
NFS itself; there's probably something different in how the ethernet is
hooked up on your board, or in how the board is being initialized.

-Scott