In: Re: System Ace booting (or not) question

linux-ppc at eurotel.it linux-ppc at eurotel.it
Tue Jan 23 21:45:12 EST 2007

linux-ppc linux-ppc/eurotel
Sent by: Massimiliano Patriarca
23/01/2007 10.42

"Wade Maxfield" <wmaxfield at gmail.com>
cc

Subject
Re: System Ace booting (or not) question

Hi Wade,
we made our board from scratch, there are two FPGA, one FX12 and one SX35,
loaded with system ace,Montavista Linux and everything is ok.
Is the JTAG chain in the correct sequence?
are there in your board only one fpga or there is a chain with two fpga?
if yes the Xilinx documentation with genace.tcl fails to concatenate two
fpga files.
also verify the tools errors manually executing the genace.tcl commands;
they are not so difficult to understand.
also verify that bootlloop code is loaded into the fabric ram.
keep in mind that your memory is to be loaded via JTAG command, so if FPGA
load correctly and DDR is working, then there is no reason to have DDR
load failure.
regards

"Wade Maxfield" <wmaxfield at gmail.com>
Sent by: linuxppc-embedded-bounces+linux-ppc=eurotel.it at ozlabs.org
05/01/2007 17.23

christophe.alayrac at cresitt.com
cc
ppc <linuxppc-embedded at ozlabs.org>
Subject
Re: System Ace booting (or not) question

Hi Alayrac,

  Thank you for your reply.

  No, there is no bus error.

  The memory map of our design matches the ML403 as regards the DDR ram.
We are just trying to get the code into external DDR Ram.

  The code start address is specified in the elf file, and lists correctly
on the screen as the genace script executes.

  The code in zImage.elf is compiled to the DDR space, and so should load
there.   The genace script prints out the code will load there when it
runs and places
the .elf file into the system.  The system.ace file is 10 megabytes after
the zImage.elf code is put into it.  when doing only the internal block
ram load, the system.ace
file is only 2.8 megabytes in size.

thanks again,
wade