[MPC8349ITX] USB Init with PPC arch

Benjamin Zores benjamin.zores at alcatel-lucent.fr
Tue Jan 23 19:18:02 EST 2007

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 16:19:06 -0600
Kumar Gala <galak at kernel.crashing.org> wrote:

> What are these features?

External RT patch that only supports PPC arch atm.
Also I've encountered some stability issues with PowerPC branch
(card hangs after some time for undetermined reason).

> If you are forward porting the Freescale patches and not using the in
> kernel driver that would explain the issue.  There are bugs in the
> Freescale driver that have been fixed in the driver that is in the
> kernel.

I only ported what needs to be i.e. the platform initialization part.
I'm using the regular USB drivers (EHCI-FSL) from vanilla 2.6.19, this part
hasn't be ported from old 2.6.13 BSP code (which would have been useless).

The goal of the patch i've sent early is to init the USB bus the same way
it is done by OF device tree in arch/powerpc/sysdev/fsl_soc.c (but for PPC).

Does it sounds ok to you ?

Regards,

Ben