Howto use PPC4xx memory to memory DMA

- Reyneke reynekejunk at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 22 08:28:34 EST 2007

Yes, I know - that email is in response to a question I posted.  :)

This seems to be one of those ongoing uncertainties. It seems commonly
advocated that you shouldn't use it, but as yet I've found no suitable
alternative.

Some more reading on why you *should* use it:

http://ozlabs.org/pipermail/linuxppc64-dev/2004-March/001276.html

It would be nice if we could get a definitive answer to this. Anyone out
there who knows?

Cheers
   Jan Reyneke