MPC83xx: ns16550.c - 'SERIAL_PORT_DFNS' undeclared?

Russell McGuire rmcguire at uwbt.com
Sat Jan 20 06:28:17 EST 2007

All,

Attempting to compile the kernel with that latest DENX-2.6 tree from git.

I have started with the MPC834x_defconfig and added a few options, but now
when I compile

arch/ppc/boot/common/ns16550.c  error: 'SERIAL_PORT_DFNS' undeclared here ..

I can see clearly this is defined in /include/asm-ppc/serial.h

But why isn't this being included?

I am more inclined to think this is an option I have not included in my
.config file, does anyone have idea what this might be?

I do have defined 8250/16550 char/serial devices selected in the menuconfig.

Or is this something that changed with the newest patches?

I don't seem to recall having this problem with 2.6.15 that shipped with
ELDK_4.0, but then again I might have had different compile options defined.

Has anyone else seen his error?

-Russ