8541E and RNG

Kim Phillips kim.phillips at freescale.com
Thu Jan 18 04:45:23 EST 2007

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 08:47:01 -0800
"Steve Iribarne (GMail)" <netstv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyone ever tried to use the Random Number Generator on the MPC8541E?
> I can't get it to behave, so if you've used it and there were any
> tricks, I'd appreciate some insite.

the only problem I ran into was I needed to make sure the accesses to the pool were in 64 bits (two sequential 32bit ioreads), after of course resetting the device properly.  Feel free to reference talitos_rng_init() and talitos_read_random() from here:

http://git.openswan.org/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?p=klips;a=blob;h=ec8ccfdb5873e0c583cc50cf23a3521df6834ccd;hb=ocf_v2.6.18;f=crypto/ocf/talitos/talitos.c

> I'm using in Linux 2.4.xx.

yeah..the talitos ocf driver needs some modding to work with 2.4, sorry 'bout that.

Kim