PCI IRQ -MPC8540

Jin Zhengxiong-R64188 Jason.Jin at freescale.com
Wed Jan 17 20:34:06 EST 2007

On Jan 16, 2007, at 7:54 PM, agnel juni wrote:

> Yes IRQ_OUT is wired to INTA.
>
> Could you please advise on how to generate interrupt for this.

You can refer to a Freescale Linux BSP for MPC8540EVAL board. There's a pci agent driver for MPC8540, and the corresponding host driver for MPC8560. The agent driver use a message interrupt in MPC8540 and redirect the interrupt to IRQ_OUT. As the IRQ_OUT is wired to INTA, you can treat MPC8540 as a PCI device.

Jason Jin