status "Ingo's Real-Time" patch

Sergei Shtylyov sshtylyov at ru.mvista.com
Fri Jan 12 23:36:35 EST 2007

Hello.

Norbert van Bolhuis wrote:

> Does anybody already (successfully) use "Ingo's Real-Time" patch
> for PPC.
> It can be found here:
> http://people.redhat.com/mingo/realtime-preempt/

> We tried applying an older patch for the 2.6.19 kernel on a
> MPC870 board, but it failed to compile.

    I don't know about the status of 2.6.19 RT patch, but we're successfulyl
using earlier patches with some add-on -- for example, timeofday syscalls
calls are broken in the stock RT patch causing glibc to return imprecise /
incorrect time... Look in the linuxppc-dev archives for the extra patches I
posted that hadn't gotten into RT patch still...

> Thanks,
> N.

WBR, Sergei