Video controller for 5200 (was RE: ELDK 3.1.1: PCI Video Cards on Lite5200B)

Josu Onandia jonandia at aotek.es
Thu Jan 11 21:09:38 EST 2007

Hello Roman,

I'm using a Lite5200B + Coral-P, to advance the development of software. Soon we will design our custom board with a MPC5200 and a graphics chip on-board. The application is not complex, but it is cost sensitive, so the Coral-P doesn't seem a good choice.

Our main need is only to have a frame buffer to draw on, but sure it would be interesting to support X11 too.

You comment about a Coral-P 'successor' more adapted to big endian processors. Witch is the name of this chip? I would like to read more about it.

Any other info or links you can add would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Josu