ELDK 3.1.1: PCI Video Cards on Lite5200B

Roman Fietze roman.fietze at telemotive.de
Thu Jan 11 18:49:18 EST 2007

Hallo Michael,

On Wednesday 10 January 2007 01:09, Michael Carey wrote:

> Has anyone gotten a pci video card to work on a Lite5200B board?

Yes, but only the Coral-P, and X11 only correctly using a modified X
server (xfree86 and xorg).

The problem is the endianess. The Coral-P does not contain a byte
swapper for the video memory, so it cannot be easily be used with a
big endian CPU like many other grafik chips. Even the successor of the
Coral-P has such a byte swapper.

Our modifications to support Z-images are done in the non-accelerated
driver in the shadow frame buffer extension.

The Coral-P accelerated driver wasn't very stable when we tested it a
while ago, I assume this very much depends on the functions you use.

Roman

--
Roman Fietze Telemotive AG Büro Mühlhausen