How do I make an ACE file for booting Linux on a FX60?

Borislav Tomov bt at oersted.dtu.dk
Sat Jan 6 01:42:40 EST 2007

    Hi,
I am trying to compile Linux for ML410 (it worked out on ML403). That
requires a jtagppc controller in the hardware design, which in turn
requires the second PPC405 to be included, although it is not used
otherwise. When I try to make an ACE file from the menu in EDK
(8.2.02),  I get:
-------------------
In order to generate ace file, you must have:-
- exactly one processor.
- opb_mdm, if using microblaze.
Using this command:
"xmd -tcl genace.tcl -jprog -hw implementation/download.bit -elf
Linux/zImage.elf  -start_address 0x00400000 -target ppc_hw  -ace
implementation/system.ace"
I get an ACE file, but Linux does not boot from the CF card afterwards.
The zImage.elf  boots when downloaded with the debugger XMD.
Any suggestions?

    Best regards,
       Borislav