Kernel debugging using BDI2000

Manjunath AM Manjunath.AM at Lntemsys.com
Fri Jan 5 02:16:37 EST 2007

Hi

We have MPC8272ADS,PQ2FADS and EP8248 Evaluation boards with us, we have
made setup to debug the montavista kernel using BDI2000,

The procedure to debug the kernel is followed as per the attached pdf,
here is my issue,

when I use MPC8272ADS and PQ2FADS boards, If i issue "go" command in BDI
console (step 7) the processor get reset it does not start the boot loader
instead Board itself get reset but this will not happen with EP8248 board
and hence we could debug the kernel in EP8248.

Is it problem with the BDI configuration file( attached for your
reference) or board jumper settings in the board ??
We are not able to figure out what could be the problem, kindly give your
valuable inputs.

Thanks & Regards
 MANJUNATH AM
 Senior Software Engineer