Stupid Telnet Question

Martin, Tim tim.martin at viasat.com
Thu Jan 4 06:49:05 EST 2007

Erik,

I did eventually solve it - but don't remember exactly what I did.

Here's my xinetd telnet configuration file (/etc/xinet.d/telnet):
------------
#	unencrypted username/password pairs for authentication.
service telnet
{
	flags		= REUSE
	socket_type	= stream
	wait		= no
	user		= root
	server		= /usr/sbin/in.telnetd
        server_args     = -L /bin/login
	log_on_failure	+= USERID
	disable		= no
}
------------

And here's my bootup script (/etc/rc.sh):
------------
#!/bin/sh

/sbin/ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1

>/etc/mtab

/bin/mount -n -t tmpfs tmpfs -o size=1M /tmp
mkdir /tmp/var
mkdir /tmp/var/log
mkdir /tmp/var/run
mkdir /tmp/dev
/etc/rc.makedev
/sbin/syslogd

# mount /proc so "reboot" works
/bin/mount -n -t proc proc /proc

/usr/sbin/xinetd -stayalive -reuse -pidfile /tmp/xinetd.pid