Compiling Linux Kernel for ML403

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Sun Feb 25 02:46:15 EST 2007

On 2/24/07, Mohammad Sadegh Sadri <mamsadegh at hotmail.com> wrote:

> well
>
> Then, if what you say is correct, We should do almost all of the job by hand, ... this is very difficult and time cosuming....
>
> What is the role of xmake tcl script in generated linux bsp?

The EDK <--> Linux kernel interactions is.... messy... at best.  I'm
not at all a fan of the BSP generation approach that EDK uses.  I
understand from the Xilinx folks that they are working to get their
driver code into mainline, but in the meantime you need to do stuff
manually unless you're using the exact kernel source version that the
EDK code generation works with.

Cheers,
g.

--