enabling two eths

Manjunath AM Manjunath.AM at Lntemsys.com
Wed Feb 21 00:21:41 EST 2007

Hi,

We are using MPC8272 based target board, we use montavista Linux version
2.6.10 kernel image (with NFS enabled) to our target board,

Our board has  2 FCCs (eth0 and eth1). bot the eth's works perfectly when
we use them independently, but when we are trying to enable second one
after the kernel is up using linux command  "ifconfig eth1 192.168.33.64
up"(IP address)nothing is working.
Please suggest how to enable second eth (either 0 or 1) once the kernel is
up with NFS file system

Thanks & Regards
 MANJUNATH AM
 Senior Software Engineer