What is the difference between Montavista Kernel Source andKernel.Org Source

Ming Liu eemingliu at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 19 00:54:13 EST 2007

Hi all,

>I want to know, what is the difference between the linux kernel source,
that we download from source.mvista.com ( using git ) and the original
kernel source code that we download from kernel.org?

In fact, I have a same question. I also want to know what's the most
obvious difference between Mvista and the common kernel. In detail, is
there any different mechanism for Montavista to make sure a better
performance, like Ethernet? In my project, it generates a different
ethernet performance for my general kernel from Montavista 4.01. I want to
make sure if Montavista have something special to guarantee a higher
performance.

Another question. Because Montavista kernel is also based on the open
source linux kernel from the general tree, does this mean that the
Montavista one is also open source and could be free to be distributed
according to GPL. However as far as I know, that's not true. :)

BR
Ming