gdb/gdbserver TQM885

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Feb 18 09:12:36 EST 2007

In message <3efc373ef4e6.3ef4e63efc37 at compuserve.de> you wrote:

> I have a problem on debugging my target board TQM885 (ELDK, Linux
> 2.4.25) with gdb/gdbserver . My Testprogram is a simple helloworld. The
> program itself is running as expected, but its not possible to debug.
> Host running gdb:
> oparz at linux:~/autoconf_tests/hello_GNU-0.1> gdb ./hello_GNU
> GNU gdb 6.3

That's wrong. You cannot use a native x86 GDB to debug a PowerPC
system.

> Remote sent bad register number 40: 3000ef14;
> Packet: 'T0501:7ffffed0;40:3000ef14;'

Here it's telling you that it has problems to understand the other
architecture.

> Any help is very appreciated

Use the ppc_8xx-gdb that comes with the ELDK instead. And make sure to
read the DULG, especially the hints about setting
solib-absolute-prefix

Best regards,

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
There's no sense in being precise  when  you  don't  even  know  what
you're talking about.                             -- John von Neumann