What is the difference between Montavista Kernel Source and Kernel.Org Source

Mohammad Sadegh Sadri mamsadegh at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 18 02:09:29 EST 2007

Hi All,

Just a simple question

I'm Going to use linux on ML403.

I want to know, what is the difference between the linux kernel source, that we download from source.mvista.com ( using git ) and the original kernel source code that we download from kernel.org?

In other words, Suppose that I have generated the BSP in EDK ( version 8.2.02 ) , and now , I copy this BSP to the root folder of kernel source obtained from kernel.org instead of mvista. Can I do the same things as mvista source in this case?

Thanks.