'make' behaviour in BuildRoot

Daniel Ng daniel_ng11 at lycos.com
Thu Feb 15 10:09:31 EST 2007

> How about mounting the cramfs image and append 'test23' to '/usr'
> inside mounted image, then unmount the image.

Thanks for your comment Suzuki, I realise I can do it the way you suggested but
what if I start adding several files, or edit some of these files? I would end
up with a mounted system whose tree structure would be quite different to the
one in 'build_powerpc/root'. This would just lead to confusion and more of my
hair falling out.

Surely I should just be able to type 'make' which would result in the tree
structure updated in the cramfs image? Any ideas? Where are the BuildRoot
experts out there? Can someone tell me how to subscribe to the BuildRoot list?

(Sorry I think my original example was a bit too simple).