Moving from arch/ppc to arch/powerpc with an MPC8248 (part 1)

Laurent Pinchart laurent.pinchart at technotrade.biz
Wed Feb 14 23:08:17 EST 2007

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to take the big jump and move my (mostly) stable board support from
arch/ppc to arch/powerpc. I'm still at a very early stage, but here are
already a few questions.

arch/ppc defines some 8260 generic handlers in syslib/mpc8260_setup.c for
operations such as halt, reset, show_cpuinfo, ... The MPC82xx ADS in
arch/powerpc/platforms/82xx redefines those handles as board-specific
functions. Should they be made generic to all 82xx boards, or should I copy
them to my board-specific file ? If the code should be shared by all 82xx
boards, I'll probably end up copying most of the
arch/ppc/syslib/mpc8260_setup.c code to
arch/powerpc/platforms/82xx/mpc82xx.c.

Best regards,

Laurent Pinchart