Compiling net-snmp source using eldk.

Strembicke, Carla Carla.Strembicke at gdcanada.com
Wed Feb 14 06:58:38 EST 2007

Hello,

Perhaps you can help me as I am completely baffled...............

I am trying to compile net-snmp the snmpd executable using the eldk ppc_6xx compiler.
Essentially I have managed to build a statically linked version of snmpd but am required to
compile a dynamically linked version with minimum overhead.

I am utilizing the configure script that in comes with the and putting the correct options for cross compile I believe. Below is the
configure and options I use.

 ./configure --disable-snmpv2c --disable-snmpv1 --disable-applications --disable-manuals --disable-scripts --disable-debugging --enable-mini-agent  --target=ppc-linux --host=ppc --with-cc=ppc_6xx-gcc --with-defaults --without-rpm --with-endianness=big CROSS_COMPILE=ppc_6xx- --enable-shared

I need to know what I have to do in order for the snmpd to compile and link dynamically rather then statically.

Regards
Carla

Carla Strembicke
Software Engineer
General Dynamics Canada
403.730.1454

The information contained in this e-mail message is PRIVATE. It may contain confidential information and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this communication is strictly prohibited. If the intended recipient(s) cannot be reached or if a transmission problem has occurred, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and destroy all copies of this message.
Thank you.