8360E - PCI / DTC Blob Setup

Andy Fleming afleming at freescale.com
Thu Feb 8 14:07:25 EST 2007

On Feb 2, 2007, at 07:36, Russell McGuire wrote:

> Well I am getting smarter on this:
>
> I have read through the PCI Bridge Specs and found another issue
> that might
> have been causing a problem with the IDSEL lines. Unless you are
> interested
> I'll forgo that explanation and just go with fact that I have
> changed the
> IDSEL mappings to be legal when they are issued from the 83xx.
>
> I have changed the IDSELs to be as follows, does this look correct?
> I agree with placing the NODE for the bridge into the dts file to be
> correct. Except I get stuck immediately at trying to come up with an
> address. I.e. the PCI host has a PCI at 8500, which makes sense. But
> the Bridge
> chip doesn't have a mapped address to place in the file. I did read
> the PCI
> OF node spec <dated 1996> it hints that PCI-PCI bridges are
> essentially the
> same domain and may not need translation.
>
> Another concern I have now is that the interrupt mask may be
> incorrect.
> i.e. currently it is <f800 0 0 7>, should I change this to <3f800 0
> 0 7>
> since I am using an extra 2 bits to indicate bus? This would make
> sense if
> the ((Bus << 16) | Dev << 11))

Yeah, you need to do that.  Take a look at mpc8548cds.dts.  We have a
mapping for the VIA chip hanging off a P2P bridge on PCI1.  But I
think you've pretty much got it figured out.  Just sending you a
"working" example (we've got it working internally, now, we just need
to find the right code path.  But the dts is correct).

Andy