Problem with linking customer phy with fs_enet drivers

Vitaly Bordug vbordug at ru.mvista.com
Wed Feb 7 19:42:04 EST 2007

On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 21:11:15 -0800
Jack Ger wrote:

> Hi Vitaly,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> I dont know how to create the patch which I changed.  I disabled
> all the board_init in mpc885ads_setup.c, and disable the scc and fcc
> driver init function in the fs_enet-main.c init.

So, you are using board specific file for mpc885ads? what is the
platform info passed into fs_enet then (that is filled in there)?

Note that you have to specify bus_id right way. Also, looks like you do
not have fsl-cpm-fec-mdio device registered on platform bus. fs_enet supports
fec and bitbang mii types so far, and if you have your LXT970 connected another way,
you'll have to implement respective mii driver (like in drivers/net/fs_enet/mii-*)

--
Sincerely, Vitaly