Conditions for mydriver_probe to be called

Vitaly Bordug vbordug at ru.mvista.com
Wed Feb 7 03:23:07 EST 2007

On Tue, 6 Feb 2007 16:42:30 +0100
"DI BACCO ANTONIO - technolabs" <Antonio.DiBacco at technolabs.it> wrote:

> I'm realizing a controller driver for the mpc8xx spi master device. My
> driver has a mpc8xx_spi_probe method that I expected to be called. I'm
> sure that platform_device_register is called for my spi platform_device
> but nothing happens,  mpc8xx_spi_probe is not called.
I'd dump ppc_sys.c in the place where it puts devices into the bus, and peek into driver_register.
Note that for 8xx, spi normally resides on scc, so you'll have to use ...set_func and ...device_enable() stuff (see in ppc_sys.c for exact prototypes) to have foo-bar-scc:spi or alike registered on bus.

--
Sincerely,
Vitaly