Problem with linking customer phy with fs_enet drivers

Jack Ger m_123456_h at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 5 10:19:41 EST 2007

Hi all,

I am trying to run the customer LXT970 phy with MPC870, porting from
MPC885.  I have the lxt phy driver installed and fs_enet driver installed
during
the kernel bootup.  But during the the fs_enet_open, when trying to link
the specific phy, it fails to find the bus_id.   Since we already know that
the FEC
is working in 2.4 kernel runing the 8xx_io fec,  it must be something I have
done
wrong with the fs_enet, 2 questions:

1) I understood that probably I didn't activate the bus, since I am porting
it
from MPC885fads_setup.c, there is something I missed.  Currently I am using
montavista 4.0.1 which runing on kernel 2.6.10.; I noticed that the
mdiobus_register
never get called.

2) what is the right way to do the mdiobus_register to register the phy bus?

TIA for your help.

A Jones