MPC8360 : PCI resource allocate error

Russell McGuire rmcguire at videopresence.com
Sat Feb 3 16:32:41 EST 2007

Comments in line:

> On Feb 2, 2007, at 10:01 AM, Russell McGuire wrote:
>
> > Here is the current .dts mapping, though I am beginning to suspect the
> > hardware or a possible U-boot bug on this.
> >
> > U-boot can't see the PCI USB card in SLOT 3, but it can see the all
> > of the
> > other various PCI cards I have <ATI video card, sound card, ATA card,
> > network card>
>
> Are any cards detected in SLOT 3 with u-boot?  If not, I'd think HW
> as well.

Yes, actually of the 6 cards I have, all are seen except the USB card.
And the USB card is seen in all other slots. So it appears to be a SLOT
issue, but not a card issue.  Somehow this card is unique and uncovering an
error that I don't know about yet. Perhaps I have a single address line
sizzled or something. This is the same slot that has the IO resource
allocation problems; I don't think I need to debug that in Linux.

OR..

Is there any PCI test code out there??? Maybe I should forego the drivers,
and figure out some kind of test. I made a blind assumption in U-boot that
if it worked to detect cards that everything was in order.