Profiler on PPC405 on Xilinx ML403

Ming Liu eemingliu at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 2 22:02:30 EST 2007

Dear all,
I noticed that just in the menuconfig, there is an option called "Profiling
support" and also "OProfile system profiling". I have enabled these options
and recompiled my kernel. However I cannot find any commands related to
Oprofile when I boot my new kernel. Is Oprofile really included in the
kernel, or shall I install it from the beginning? My platform is ppc405 on
ml403.  Also I will appreciate a lot if you can make me sure that ppc405 is
supported by Oprofile. I just see that only PPC64 is supported by Oprofile,
without ppc405.

BR
Ming