8360E - PCI / DTC Blob Setup

Russell McGuire rmcguire at videopresence.com
Fri Feb 2 01:27:40 EST 2007

Since I am hip deep in debugging the PCI system.

In the .dts files there is the section for the PCI setup.

The interrupt-map = < >

Does this need to include:
1) A mapping for every IDSEL line in the system?
2) Only those IDSELs that are used on the slots on the motherboard?
3) A custom entry for every card we want to support?
4) How does a bridge chip and slave busses affect the entries, if at all?

Looking at the mpc8360 / 8349 setups that are part of the latest kernel
trees, some are place many and some are placing just a single entry?

Which should be the preferred method?

-Russ